Lexus has launched the second volume of its global digital cookbook, Culinary Perspectives, put together by food editor and writer, Joshua David Stein.
Ten partner chefs share enticing dishes that have been enjoyed at recent Lexus events around the world. The recipes can be mastered by novice chefs or expert culinary architects, in their own kitchens.
British chef Emily Roux, of the Caractere restaurant in Notting Hill, is featured alongside nine other global culinary craftsmen, sharing her recipe for a chocolate tart.
The foreword is by American Chef Nyesha J. Arrington, who advocates using farm-fresh, local, and responsibly sourced ingredients, and celebrates amazing meals and the hospitality, or omotenashi, which is central to the Lexus brand.
“Culinary Perspectives enables Lexus to connect with our audience on a topic of deep personal interest to them. We hope our audience will embrace this opportunity to explore their own epicurean artisanship,” said Brian Bolain, General Manager, Lexus International.
- Tuna Tartare by Chef Ricardo Sanz of Kabuki, Madrid.
- Heirloom Tomato Salad, by Chef Nickolas Martinez of Intersect by Lexus, New York.
- Warm Lobster Taco with Yellow Salsa, by Chef Dean Fearing of the Ritz-Carlton, Dallas.
- Cured Squid with Chicken and Caviar, by Chefs Sergio and Javier Torres of Cocina Hermano Torres, Barcelona.
- Chawanmushi with Truffle Oil, by Chef Leonardo Jun Sakamoto of Sakamoto, Sao Paolo.
- Spicy Miso Salmon with Broccoli Rice, by Chef Reuben Riffel of Reuben’s, Johannesburg.
- Chilled Dan Dan Udon Noodles, by Chef Matsuo Nagasaka of Azabu Choukou, Tokyo.
- Young Goose with Sauerkraut, by Chef Zdenek Pohlreich of NextDoor by Imperial, Divinis Praha and Café Imperial, Prague.
- Halo Halo My Way, by Chef Mark Singson of Boneta and AnnaLena, Vancouver and Vue de monde and Saint Crispin, Melbourne.
- Chocolate Tart, by Chef Emily Roux of Caractere, London.
ABOUT LEXUS CREATES
The Lexus Creates initiative is a new content series from the luxury marque. This social-media driven programme engages participants in activities that both inform and delight, with subjects related to the Lexus brand hallmarks of design and craftsmanship. This is accomplished with the help of a range of partners who, through their unique talents, inspire participants to create, while also elevating the value of their craft.
Lexus, the automotive luxury brand made its debut in 1989 with the introduction of the breakthrough LS sedan. By 2005, featuring an innovative product lineup, the Lexus ethos of “pursuit of perfection” had helped the Japanese luxury brand establish operations globally. Today, Lexus is available in more than 90 countries. Evolving from elegant and expressive luxury transportation brand into a global luxury lifestyle brand, Lexus continues to expand its global appeal by combining its passion for brave design, imaginative technology, and exhilarating performance and creating amazing experiences for the next generation of luxury customers. Lexus has a unique luxury proposition; an experience influenced by a sense of traditional Japanese takumi craftsmanship, and Omotenashi (hospitality) that elevates the customer experience.