LEXUS NX HYBRID SUV ADDS EXTRA CUSTOMER APPEAL WITH NEW PREMIUM SPORT EDITION
- Lexus caters for customer style and equipment preferences with new NX Premium Sport Edition
- Option pack for the compact hybrid SUV provides black exterior styling details and high equipment specification
- Features include 10-speaker audio with DVD player, Blind spot Monitor, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, 10.3-inch display screen, power steering wheel adjustment, 18-inch F Sport alloy wheels and auto-dimming and reverse-tilt door mirror functions
- Available to order with first customer deliveries from March
True to its reputation for delivering the finest customer service, Lexus has designed a new option pack for its NX compact hybrid SUV that’s tailored to meet the tastes and preferences of today’s luxury car buyers, in terms of both style and equipment features.
The Premium Sport Edition, available for the entry-level NX model, gives the vehicle added visual appeal with a matching black finish for the Lexus spindle grille, door mirror casings and lower rear bumper. A set of 18-inch F Sport alloy wheels adds to the sharp appearance.
The equipment features address safety, convenience and comfort, including: –
- 10.3-inch multimedia display
- 10-speaker audio system with DVD player
- Blind Spot Monitor and Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Door mirrors with auto-dimming and reverse-tilting functions
- Power steering wheel adjustment
These come in addition to the contents of the established NX Premium Pack option, including Tahara man-made leather upholstery, smart keyless entry, heated steering wheel, LED fog lights and cornering lights, power tailgate, rear privacy glass, wireless smartphone charger and illuminated door handles with puddle lights.
As standard, all NX models are equipped with E-Four all-wheel drive, Lexus Safety System+ advanced safety and driver assistance systems, front and rear parking sensors, reversing camera, auto-diming rear-view mirror, auto-folding heated door mirrors, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto wireless smartphone integration, eight-way power-adjustable front seats and a leather-trimmed steering wheel with paddle shifts.
All this is provided at a price point that below the threshold for higher rate road tax (Vehicle Excise Duty) in the second to sixth year of ownership, saving customers up to £1,600 in ownership costs. The on-the-road price for the NX Premium sport Edition is £38,830, and even if customers choose to add the options of a panoramic roof or special metallic paint finish, the price does not break through the £40,000 VED limit.
Ewan Shepherd, Director of Lexus in the UK, said: “We have designed flexibility into our model range so that we can use focused option packs to respond directly to our customers’ preferences. The new NX Sport Edition is a perfect example of how we are giving them just the combination of style, technology and convenient they want from a premium SUV, plus the benefit of market-leading self-charging hybrid-electric power.”
The NX Premium Sport Edition is available to order now with customer deliveries commencing in March..